The Cleveland Bogleheads® North East Ohio local chapter held its initial meeting on June 9, 2012. The chapter has held regular meetings since, usually meeting five or six times a year. The chapter includes about 50 people on its mailing list. Generally, 15-25 people attend each meeting.
Chapter meetings adhere to the following structure:
- The meeting moderator begins with an introduction – all attendees are invited to give a brief introduction of themselves. In many cases we have a specific question that attendees can comment on (for example – when and why did you become a Boglehead?)
- Topics have been pre-selected (usually at the prior meeting) and communicated to all via e-mail prior to the meeting.
- We have some web presentations or short videos on selected topics before we begin open discussion.
- Discussion is informal and open-style. We rely on participants to be courteous. We avoid political topics.
- Attendees are asked to suggest topics for future meetings.
The chapter meets on the second Saturday every other month. Meeting time is 10am until 12pm and meetings are currently held at the North Royalton Public Library.
Past meetings have also been held at the Brecksville Library. The chapter’s first two meetings were held at Heinen’s grocery.
The slide below documents the history of chapter meetings (three slides).
Contact – Karen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information, please refer to the NE Ohio (Cleveland Area) Master Thread.