These videos of the Bogleheads® 15 national conference, held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from September 29 to September 31, 2016. were produced by Rich Guerra (aka VELO724X).
The first video records the John C. Bogle keynote address delivered at Bogleheads® 15 on September 29, 2016.
This is another wonderful talk delivered by our mentor, Jack Bogle. He covers the growth of Vanguard, the triumph of indexing, the effects of the Fiduciary Duty Rule and more. Jack imparts his wisdom with his usual sharp wit and humor. It was fascinating! – Rich Guerra
Ten Topics of interest
- On the fund industry
- On ETFs
- On his sometimes prickly relationship with Vanguard
- On the reason low fees are more important than ever
- On what index funds can and can’t do
On his most often criticized advice (disinclination towards international investing)
- On the value of keeping things simple
- On buying dividend stocks as an alternative to bonds
- On the impact of the fiduciary rule for retirement-account advice
- On the right mix of government and corporate bonds
Mr Bogle states “My own three parts of the program consumed a total of about 6 hours over the course of two days! My remarks included some 56 slides.”
Here is the accompanying slide presentation: John Bogle: The Undisputed Champion of the Long Run, September 29, 2016.
John C. Bogle Q&A
Please enjoy a wonderful Q & A session with our mentor, Jack Bogle at Bogleheads® 15 on September 29, 2016. – Rich Guerra